13 June 2016

GM Karjakin's Early Career

Promises, promises. For the last couple of months I've been exploring GM Karjakin's early career with the goal of creating a reference page for his entire career. It started when he won the 2016 Candidates Tournament in Moscow.

  • 2016-03-28: The Winner and New Challenger • 'As for this blog, I'll suspend the Monday-Monday series on 'PGN Files for Book Reviews', and will instead develop a Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (TMER) for Karjakin.'

At that time I didn't know much more about him than was presented in a little cartoon on an official site, Worldchess.com.

Since then I've learned much about his career through 2009 (or thereabouts).

While I was working through these posts, it occurred to me that it would be more consistent with my other TMERs to wait for the outcome of the forthcoming 2016 Carlsen - Karjakin title match, scheduled for New York in November. In the meantime I'll switch the Monday-Monday focus to another topic.

***

Later: A list of all TMERs is on my index page for Chess History.

No comments: