30 June 2014

Kasparov TMER: Early Years

Continuing with the Kasparov TMER (Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record) -- last seen in Updated 2014-06-02 and Next Steps -- I tackled the action to 'Compare the TMER with Kasparov on Garry Kasparov, Part I: 1973-1985'.

The first step was to compare the games in the book with the TMER PGN file available on Garry Kasparov's Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (1973-). Since the full PGN file dates to March 2003, and some of the files for individual events were created in October 2000, the exercise was as much a look at the PGN file as it was at Kasparov's book.

Of the 100 games in the book, I identified seven early games missing in the PGN file. I also noticed several discrepancies in basic game data (round number, date played, etc.) on the PGN file. I'll address these at the same time I match the events listed on the TMER index with those described in the book.

No comments: