05 January 2014

Chess Set Brands and Character Families

Just as in years past, the number of interesting items for the next edition of Top eBay Chess Items by Price dwindled to near-zero after Christmas. I could have fallen back on a composite listing like last year's Top Computer Chess Items by Price, and started to create one. After getting a few ideas to investigate -- Star Trek chess sets was one such idea -- I noticed that eBay has built-in categories for chess sets.

As you can see in the upper right corner of the popup window, Star Trek sets are listed under 'Character Family' and there were 28 successful auctions in that family (I limit my searches to items that sold) over the past three months. The top five character families are also listed to the left of the popup. I decided not to take the idea any further for this post, but will keep it in mind for future editions of 'Top Items by Price'.

I'm not sure what to make of 'Age Level', also listed on the left. Are there really chess items for age 12-18 months?

No comments: