12 July 2010

Can't Get There From Here

Continuing with Where to Go From Here?, I added 60 Memorable Fischer Moments to the page about Chess History. There are currently two versions of the Fischer saga. The first is a complete draft version from my notes. The second is an incomplete finished version from copies found in Archive.org.

The reason for the two versions is that I initially loaded a skeleton created offline (the draft version), then completed it using About.com's online content management tools. Those tools split the 60 Fischer bullets into six pages of ten bullets each (to generate more advertising revenue). Archive.org only picked up two of the six pages (the finished version). It was one of the few times I used the online tools to complete an article rather than write everything offline. I should have known better.

No comments: